Last weekend I decided to stay home and postphone any offroad activity. I didn’t feel so well so no climbing over the hills then. But the weather and the summer time, with extended hours made me go offroading this week, after my work.
And I had a friend of mine with his 2010 Toyota Rav 4 alongside.
We choose a place near my work, with a trail I already knew. I went there a couple of times, first in April, then in June last year. This is an image taken with my DJI Mavic Air for a better understanding of the area.
The road was very dry, the climb was very easy and because there were sections with more than one trail to go up at once, we decided to do some drag races uphill.
Here are some specs to keep in mind while watching the cars going up:
|Top Speed||118 mph|
|0-60 mph||9.9 secs|
|Torque||340 Nm, 251 ft-lb|
|Top Speed||108 mph|
|0-60 mph||10.1 secs|
|Torque||260 Nm, 192 ft-lb|
Duster had Nokian WR Suv 3 Winter Tires (215/60/R17) and Rav4 had Yokohama Summer tires (225/65/R17). The air pressure wasn’t lowered during the runs.
Which car perfermod better? Watch the full video to find out!
Here is another perspective of the offroad drive between the two cars.
- Duster on ATs Vs Jeep Rubicon on MTs
- Volkswagen Tiguan vs Dacia Duster Offroad
- Duster 1.3 TCe 150 vs Duster 1.5 dCi Offroad
- Dacia Duster vs Land Rover Defender
- Dacia Duster vs Suzuki Jimny
- Dacia Duster vs Audi A4 Allroad Snow Offroad
- Dacia Duster vs Audi Q5 Offroad Test
- Dacia Duster vs Porsche Macan
- Duster Diesel or Duster Petrol on Offroad
- Dacia Duster vs Land Rover Freelander